The future of California is joined at the hip with the Sacramento River…
... says UC Davis geologist, Dr. Jeff Mount. Please join Dr. Mount and other top water leaders for this exciting event! Learn from the experts about the state of the Sacramento River Watershed and its role in California’s future. Get the latest news on the hottest topics including:
• How are Global Warming and the Drought affecting the Sacramento River Watershed? How do we better plan in this uncertain climate?
• Using a watershed approach to Flood Management… can we make it work?
• How will a Delta Solution affect the Sacramento River Watershed? California?
• Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) Planning: drought, climate change, water supplies… How to make IRWM work at the regional and watershed level.
• Latest on the Salmon Crisis… What’s to blame? What’s the solution?
• How do we create a Shared Vision for the Watershed? Share your questions, make recommendations, and provide feedback on how to improve conditions and create the best future for the Sacramento River Watershed and its communities.
Doors open at 8:00 AM. A “Local, Home-Grown” Informal Reception will immediately follow the Forum Program featuring locally grown food and beverages.
Speakers (bios to follow) in alphabetical order
Chair, Central Valley Flood Protection Board
John Garamendi (invited)
California Lieutenant Governor
Director of Engineering
Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency
Bureau of Reclamation Mid-Pacific Region
Chair, Delta Vision Task Force
City of Sacramento
Kirby Consulting Group
Director of Government Relations
Northern California Water Association
Office of Watershed Management
El Dorado Irrigation District
Plumas County Board of Supervisors
Dr. Jeff Mount
Chief, Planning Division
US Army Corps of Engineers
California Department of Water Resources
Dr. Tina Swanson
The Bay Institute
Regional Water Authority
Director of Office of Delta Policy and Imported Water
Santa Clara Valley Water District
Additional Info Link